Whether you need a new grill for everyday cooking or outdoor barbeque parties, your search ends now. Read this Smoke Hollow Pellet Grill review to understand the advantages and disadvantages of this model as well as the different features built into it.
Smoke Hollow Pellet Grill Pros and Cons
- Good build quality
- Indirect cooking
- Auger-fed pellet system
- Digital thermostat with LED display
- Easy to clean and move
- Superb smoke flavor
- Some users report temperature fluctuations
- Relatively expensive
- At 120 pounds, it is not highly portable
The following are the key features of the Smoke Hollow pellet grill.
This grill works on the principle of indirect cooking. For instance, if you’re cooking steak for dinner, it’s likely to be grilled slowly and evenly due to the indirect cooking. This helps to produce more consistent results.
Since direct flames are not used in indirect cooking, there is less likelihood of charring the food. Cooking is carried out at moderate temperatures, which can range between 275 and 350 degree Fahrenheit. Indirect grilling also allows smoke from wood pellets to be infused into the meal.
With indirect grilling, you can also carry out baking, roasting, smoking, braising and frying, which makes Smoke Hollow Pellet extremely versatile for your culinary needs.
One of the best things about this grill is the smoky barbecue aroma that it adds to food and creates a rich, authentic taste, which is simply irresistible!
At just one glance, it is easy to figure out that the Smoke Hollow Pellet is made with high-grade material for a sturdy construction. Not only is the grill’s overall build quite sturdy, but it is also built to last.
Its design comprises steel barrel construction mounted on a quality frame. The sheet metal used is also quite thick. Hence, this grill model shows greater resistance to dents and cracks as compared to cheaper models that use thin sheet metals.
The product’s finishing is also quite impressive and aesthetically- appealing. The use of powder coat finish not only gives it a touch of class, it also ensures that the material does not corrode easily. Therefore, you can safely use this grill in light rain without the fear of rust.
When selecting a grill, it is important to pay close attention to its construction quality, sheet thickness, and finishing. The Smoke Hollow pellet grill does well on all of these counts.
The LED digital thermostat is one of the strong features of this model. This makes it easier for you to monitor and control the temperature. By maintaining your grill at the right temperature, you can ensure that the cooked meal won’t be charred or undercooked. The bright LED display also makes it easier to read. The controls are also quite simple to understand and use; therefore, you can control the temperature for processes like smoking, searing and cooking.
Auger-Fed Pellet System
The pellet delivery system is another plus point of the Smoke Hollow Pellet Grill. Its right side contains a box-shaped compartment where you can load the wooden pellets. The auger-fed delivery system will then insert measured amounts of the hardwood pellets into the firebox at well-timed intervals. Since the pellet delivery system is automatic, it controls the rate at which the pellets are fed into the firebox. As a result, it is easier for you to maintain the grill at the right temperature during the whole cooking process. Therefore, the Smoke Hollow Pellet Grill is easy to operate even if you are new to grilling. Maintaining the grill at the right temperature is one of the trickier aspects of grilling. But thankfully, you don’t have to be a grilling pro to maintain the right level of heat for the perfect barbecue. The auger-fed system will take care of temperature control. This way, you can focus on the food rather than the grill itself.
The grill’s cooking area consists of a wire grid coated with porcelain. The cooking space is 480 square inches, which is sufficient for all of your favorite grill recipes, such as a full-sized roast turkey and chicken, seafood, briskets, and racks of ribs. You can grill fairly large amounts of food with this grill. Consequently, it will not take you too long to prepare barbecues for a medium-sized family. Of course, your loved ones will appreciate the authentic barbecue smoke flavor of the meals prepared by this grill model.
Due to the system of casters and wheels, the Smoke Hollow Pellet Grill is not too difficult to move around, despite its significant weight. The grill model has two rotatable caster wheels as well as two fixed wheels. This arrangement makes it convenient to move this grill over short distances from one place to another. This is a very useful feature if there is sudden rainfall or if you want to enjoy your barbecue picnic in the great outdoors.
At 120 pounds, this grill model is not exactly light. The wheels, however, make it easier to move it to convenient spots.
Side and Bottom Shelves
While preparing barbecue meals, it is always better to have some shelves so that you have space for keeping important items and accessories. The Smoke Hollow Pellet Grill provides extra space via the side and bottom shelves so that important tools and items like barbecue sauces are close at hand. You will not need to keep an extra table nearby for placing important items. The side shelf itself has been conveniently designed with hooks to hang tools. There is also a bottom shelf as well as a condiment shelf.
The shelves provide enough storage space for a pellet grill of this size. You will find sufficient space for important items like seasonings, condiments, sauces, tongs, spatulas, skewers and plates. If you want, you can also utilize the upper part of the grill hopper as an improvised shelf – although this may not be what the designers had in mind.
Grease Drain System
Let’s admit it, cleaning a grill can be time-consuming, frustrating and stressful. Therefore, a grill model must have an efficient drainage system to collect grease and prevent it from spreading. Such a system will make it easier and quicker for you to finish the cleaning chore after you are done with grilling.
The Smoke Hollow Pellet Grill provides an efficient grease drainage system to reduce the time and effort involved in cleaning up.
- Indirect cooking provides plenty of benefits. It allows you to avoid direct flames, which can easily char the food on the outside while the inside remains too raw. Indirect cooking sets up convection currents that cook the food gently at relatively lower temperatures. You can enjoy greater levels of control with slower cooking and lower heat levels. This method of cooking is preferred not just by novice grilling enthusiasts but also expert chefs as it is the best way for grilling food. Another major benefit of indirect cooking is the fact that the convection currents circulate smoke so that you can infuse your meal with a rich, authentic barbecue aroma. It is not possible to prepare such tasty recipes with gas grills, for instance.
- The robust construction details of this grill model give it a solid look and allow it to withstand impacts better. Since high-grade, thick steel sheets have been used for this grill, it will not dent or crack easily. The entire grill is also covered with an attractive powder coating that allows the heavy-duty steel to resist corrosion. From these design details, it is apparent that the grill can last long. All of these construction features help to ensure greater durability and service life.
- The intuitive and easy-to-use control panel of the grill is a big advantage for beginners and experienced cooks alike. The bright LED display is easy to read and the thermostat can be adjusted to keep your food at just the right temperature. With these features, it is easier for you to cook your food within the recommended temperature range. The pellet delivery system is fully automatic. It automatically feeds the flames to maintain the grill at the temperature that you desire. There is no need for manual intervention on your part. Instead of minding the grill, you can focus on the quality of the food.
- Last but not least, there is enough cooking area on the grill to prepare a barbecue meal for your family in a short time. There is ample space to grill whole turkeys, chickens and racks of ribs. With 480 square inches of cooking space, you will have sufficient room for your grilling needs.
Our Final Thoughts
With its outstanding features, Smoke Hollow Pellet Grill provides all that you need for preparing delicious and healthy meals!